- Cornerstone Pediatrics participates in most major private insurance plans including Blue Cross Blue Shield (Florida Blue), Aetna, Cigna, Humana, United, Tricare, etc. In order to ensure your specific plan covers you at our office, please refer to your provider manual or contact the insurance company directly before making your first appointment and verify that we are an in-network provider.
- It is our office policy at Cornerstone Pediatrics to submit claims to your primary insurance only. Please note that all co-pays/deductibles/co-insurance MUST be paid at the time of service as written in all policy contracts. Prior to your office visit, we will verify insurance coverage and benefit details to ensure eligibility and coverage details. Any questions regarding your benefit details may be directed to our insurance verification department during business hours; however, please note that all benefits are subject to final approval by the insurance company once the claim is received and processed.
We look forward to serving you!
Notice of Privacy Practices
- Cornerstone Pediatrics has the right to change its Notice of Privacy Practices from time to time, however as parents you may contact the office at any time to obtain a current copy of the office's Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), you have certain rights to privacy regarding your child's, and family's protected health information. This information can and will be used to: conduct, plan, and direct your child's treatment and follow up among multiple healthcare providers who may be involved in that treatment directly and indirectly; obtain payment from third-party payers; conduct normal healthcare operations such as quality assessments and physician certifications.
- In order to maintain communication with you about your child's health status and treatment, staff members from Cornerstone Pediatrics may from time to time communicate with you via electronic mail and/or conventional postal delivery by the United States Postal Service. Transmissions by either channel may be subject to unauthorized and illegal interception and Cornerstone Pediatrics and its staff members are held harmless, individually and collectively, for any damage or liability should such interception occur.
- You may request in writing that Cornerstone Pediatrics should restrict how your private health information is disclosed to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations. Cornerstone Pediatrics is not required to agree to your requested restrictions, but if agreement is verified in writing, Cornerstone Pediatrics is bound to abide by such restrictions.